Skincare gets me excited. Make-up does too, but not as much. I'm a firm believer that make-up can only do so much and its the canvas underneath all the make-up that needs to be worked on. If the canvas is looking good, your make-up will look even better. If you're a regular reader of the Peach, you'll know that I'm having a love affair with natural skincare lines. I have a little, no actually scrap that, I have a HUGE wicker basket full of skincare treats. In the above pic you can see my favourites at the moment. They all hang out in the wicker basket in their gangs, waiting to be slathered over my skin so they can do their bit, moisturising, rejuvenating and boosting. Yep, looks like I may have a problem folks. No girl needs all this stuff, this I KNOW, but I wanted to try every single one of them! So I bought them and I must say, these are some mighty skincare picks ladies!
First up is the Trilogy Gang. This is a gang you'll want to hang around with for life. I've been a fan of this line since it came out a few years ago and I used to have to order straight from New Zealand to get my fix in the early days! Over the years, Trilogy has developed and introduced some fantastic products that really do what they say on the tin.....
1. Age Proof CoQ10 Booster Serum: This is a powerful anti-oxidant treatment for dull and tired skin. It's packed with vitamins and Co-enzyme Q10 for cellular renewal. This is like an overnight gym for your skin! I use this at night and my skin in the morning is bright and rested looking and completely pampered. Fabulous stuff. I literally use a drop as my skin doesn't need much more than that, but I can see older skins needing a drop or two more. This has one up on the old, regular Trilogy Rosehip Oil!
2. Very Gentle Calming Fluid: Let me start by saying....I DIDN'T need this. I don't suffer from intolerant or super sensitive skin, but the reviews I read for it were phenomenal and it also won a beauty award in the Tatler Beauty awards 2011/2012, so I was sold. Plus, it has some impressive ant-ageing ingredients too. I really like this and can see it being great for giving extra moisture in the winter months. When using this I didn't use as much moisturiser and my skin seemed a lot more plumped out. It sinks into the skin effortlessly and calms any redness, protecting it from external aggressions. Lovely. I can see sensitive souls making this one of their cult products!
3. Nutrient Plus Firming Serum: Don't get scared off by the 'Firming' part in the name here, its still great for skins 25+. This is one of my absolute FAVOURITE serums. My skin is always in great condition when I use this. Its super light and my skin just drinks it up. It has an impressive list of powerful anti-ageing ingredients inside, like the all important Hyaluronic Acid, Licorice and Green Tea. This leaves my skin bright and seems to smooth out any fine lines. And there's no silicones in sight! Nice one. If you're thinking of venturing into the serum world, try this one first!
4.CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate: This little bit of eye goodness is just gorgeous! It's a powerful eye serum that showers the eye area with a serious amount of love folks! It's packed with Q10 and green coffee and it's so cooling and soothing in the mornings, cant live without it now! It has a handy roller device to distribute the serum, whilst giving the eye area a little massage. Now, this wont get rid of deep set wrinkles and it wont totally eradicate black circles and super heavy bags, but it does definitely brighten the area and if you have minor issues under the eyes, like lack of sleep bags or super fine lines then this will do wonders for you!
All the above are priced at around 30euro each. Well worth it and only the tiniest amounts are needed every time you use them!
Next up is The Dr. Hauschka Gang. What a gang! This is a gang you wanna make friends with people, trust me! These folks will treat your skin like no other and they're loved by ladies all over the globe, including celebs! If your skin could choose which skincare brand to be friends with, this is the gang it would choose!
1. Moisturising Day Cream: This is a light cream yet it's seriously moisturising. It has witch hazel to refresh and it also regulates oiliness. However, it may be a tad too moisturising for oily skins. This is going to be a great one throughout the winter months!
2. Quince Moisturiser: This is a gem for keeps. Out of the three moisturisers from Dr. Hauschka I've bee trying, this is my favourite. It really has made a difference to my skin. It contains beeswax extracts which have fantastic protecting qualities and my skin just feels super smooth, soft and plump when I use this. If you're thinking of investing in any of the creams, this would be the one I'd recommend for everyday use!
3. Melissa Cream: This is a new kid to the Dr. Hauschka gang. Its especially for sensitive, combination skin. It smells absolutely divine, of lemon balm. It really does keep oily areas matte, I couldn't believe the results after using it for a while. However, although I found it great at for keeping oiliness at bay, it just wasn't moisturising enough for my dry areas. If oiliness is your main concern, this is the one for you. It really does do what it says on the tin!
4. Daily Revitalising Eye Cream: I usually alternate between this and the Trilogy one above. This is probably one of the most effective eye creams I've used. It moisturises the eye area perfectly without being too heavy and it seems to have softened some fine dehydration lines. It contains Sea Buckthorn, which is rich in vitamins to regenerate the area. Its super lightweight so wont mess with your makeup afterwards! Fantastic bit of stuff!
All the above Dr. Hauschka product range from 20euro to 30euro. As with the Trilogy products, these too are really concentrated so only little amounts are needed each time!
So there's my skincare picks at the moment! Am I crazy to have so much? What are you loving right now?